Your shopping bag is empty.
Holiday Recipes with a holus Twist
In true holiday spirit, we gathered a few of our office’s 2021 must-try holiday recipes and put a little holus twist on them, by infusing them with our CBD.
We promise that these recipes won’t disappoint!
(and, should you want to make them family-friendly, simply omit the CBD!)
TIP: Have you ever baked with CBD before? When baking with CBD it is SO important that your baking temperature doesn’t exceed 340°F. The reason being is that you will alter the state of the CBD, as anything over 340°F will begin to burn off terpenes – so, baking at 340°F ensures potency.
There are so many flavors of Christmas, but Eggnog is iconic. These CBD-infused eggnog cinnamon rolls are your new holiday obsession and the perfect addition to Christmas morning!
- 2 ½ Cups flour
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Cup eggnog of choice
- 30ml bottle of holus’ High Potency Natural Tincture
- 7 TBSP butter – melted
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar
- ¼ Cup sugar
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter – melted
- 4 oz. cream cheese (or cream cheese substitute) – softened
- 1 TBSP eggnog
- ½ Cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 340°F
- Stir together the filling ingredients until it looks like wet sand. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Create a well (hole in the center of the dry ingredients) and pour in the eggnog and 2 TBSP of metled butter. Use a fork to stir together to form a soft dough.
- Place the dough on a well-floured surface. Knead the dough a few times to work a little bit of flour into the dough. Do not add too much flour or your rolls will be tough.
- Use your hands to gently press the dough into a 10″x14″ rectangle, keeping some flour between the dough and counter.
- Spread the dough with 2 TBSP melted butter, and sprinkle the filling over the top. Leave about a ½” border all around the dough
- Slowly roll up from the shortest side. If the dough sticks to the counter, use a spatula or knife to gently loosen it as you roll. Cut the roll into 9 even pieces.
- Spread 1 TBSP melted butter in the bottom of an 8″x8″ baking dish.
- Place the 9 rolls in the pan with room around each one. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool slightly.
Orange Cardamom Sugar Cookies
Fluffy and soft CBD infused orange cookies, with a punch of cardamom and topped with a zesty orange glaze.
Recipe inspo and photo from: NeighborFood
36 Cookies | Total Time: 2 hrs.
- 3 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cardamom
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Cup unsalted butter (or butter substitute) – softened
- 1 ½ Cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp grated orange zest
- 1 Cup greek yogurt, sour cream (or vegan substitute)
- 30ml bottle of holus’ High Potency Citrus Tincture
- 2 tsp grated orange zest
- ¼ Cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1oz cream cheese (or cream cheese substitute) – softened
- 2 Cups powdered sugar
- In a mixing bowl, whish together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar together on medium-high speed until fluffy, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla. Mix in 12 droppers full of CBD. Reduce speed to low, and beat in yogurt and 2 tsp orange zest until just combined. Add the dry ingredients mixture, beating on low speed until just incorporated. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 340°, and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop heaping tablespoons onto sheet, leaving roughly 2 inches between each cookie. Bake for 20 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. Cookies are done when the tops are puffed and firm and the edges are just golden. Transfer to a cooling rack and allow them to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, whish together the cream cheese, remaining zest and orange juice. Sift the powdered sugar into the orange mixture and whish until smooth. Using the tines of a fork, glaze the cooled cookies, let set for 5 minutes and enjoy!
Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
These minty CBD cookies are filled with chopped chocolate making them the ultimate double chocolate cookies of your dreams!
Recipe Inspo and Photo from: Sweet Teal
24 Cookies | Total Time: 90 mins.
Are you looking for a chewy, flavorsome perfect Christmas cookie?
These will not disappoint!
We used candy canes and mint CBD oil to add a festive flare to our fav double chocolate chip cookie recipe.
- 1 ¼ Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 Cup cocoa powder
- ½ TSP baking soda
- ½ TSP baking powder
- 3/4 Cup dark brown sugar
- ½ Cup butter or butter alternative (room temperature)
- ½ TSP peppermint extract
- ½ TSP vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 ¼ Cups chopped dark chocolate bar
- 4 crushed candy canes
- 30ml bottle of Full Spectrum or THC-ND holus’ Mint 1000mg Tincture
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, mix the butter and sugar on medium-high until fluffy (about 2-3 min). Add in the egg, peppermint extract, vanilla extract, and 24 droppers full of CBD, and mix for another minute.
- With the mixer on low, add in the dry ingredient mixture a little at a time (be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl and don’t add too much at once). Add in the chopped chocolate and mix. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Scoop the dough into balls, and slightly flatten them on the baking sheet.
- Crush the candy canes and then press a little into each cookie.
- Bake at 340° for 8 minutes.
- Transfer to cooling rack and enjoy!
Strawberry Hot Chocolate Bombs
These delicious CBD-infused hot cocoa bombs are wrapped in nostalgia and the perfect way to enjoy a ‘chill’ holiday movie night.
Recipe Inspo and Photo courtesy of: Just is a Four Letter Word
6 Bombs | Total Time: 45 mins.
- 10oz Chopped White Chocolate Bar (or white chocolate substitute like King David Non-Dairy White Baking Chocolate)
- 30ml bottle of Full Spectrum or THC-ND holus’ Strawberry 1000mg Tincture
- 6 TBSP Strawberry Drink Mix (our fav is Ahimsa Organic Freeze Dried Strawberry Powder)
- ½ Cup Mini Marshmallows
- Red, White + Pink sprinkles
- Place a large plate into the freezer
- Create a double boiler by bringing a medium pot filled a little less than halfway with water to a simmer. Place a heatproof bowl that’s just big enough to sit on top of the pot and add your chopped chocolate to the bowl. Keep the pot over low heat and stir with a rubber spatula. Once chocolate is silky smooth add 6 droppers full of CBD to the bowl and mix until fully incorporated.
- Using a spoon or large pastry brush, coat each of the mold cavities with the melted chocolate, and place into the freezer for 5 minutes. Once the 5 minutes is up, repeat this step again. Remove both the candy coated mold and plate from the freezer. Carefully remove the candy coated half spheres from the mold and place onto the chilled plate.
- Place the small plate into the microwave and heat for 2 minutes.
- Place one candy coated half sphere upside down on the heated plate and move around to slightly melt the rim. Add 1 TBSP of Strawberry Drink Mix and 6-8 marshmallows.
- Place another candy coated half sphere upside down on the heated plate and move around to slightly melt the rim, and stick that half sphere on top of the other, and very gently secure the two together (they should go together no problem, but should you have any issues, just rub a little melted chocolate on the seam).
- Using the tines of a fork, drizzle melted chocolate on top of the bomb, and add sprinkles.
- Place Strawberry Hot Chocolate bomb into 6oz of milk of choice, stir and enjoy!
Key Lime Cheesecake Truffles
These sweet + tart CBD infused truffles are the refreshing treat your holidays are missing.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: Eat It & Say Yum
24 Truffles | Total Time: 45 mins.
Are you dreaming of palm trees instead of Christmas trees?
These truffles are indulgent, rich, perfectly sized, and offer all the tropical holiday vibes, making them so irresistible!
- 14oz package of Golden Oreos
- 4oz cream cheese or cream cheese substitute (we like Kite Hill)
- Zest + Juice from 2 Key Limes
- 30ml bottle of Full Spectrum or THC-ND holus’ Key Lime 1000mg Tincture
- Chopped White Chocolate Bar (or white chocolate substitute, we like King David Non-Dairy White Baking Chocolate)
- Zest the key limes and set them aside. Juice the limes, remove the seeds, and set the juice aside. In a food processor, pulse all the Oreos until they are crumbs. Add the cream cheese and pulse again, only for a few seconds. Before the cream cheese is fully mixed in, add the lime juice, 24 droppers full of CBD, and half of the zest. Pulse again, until the dough clumps, or sticks together. You should be able to easily form it into balls, that hold together.
- Form dough into balls, about 1 inch in size. Place on a pan lined with parchment paper, and lightly grease the paper. Set the balls in the freezer to firm them up.
- Create a double boiler by bringing a medium pot filled a little less than halfway with water to a simmer. Place a heatproof bowl that’s just big enough to sit on top of the pot and add your chopped chocolate to the bowl. Keep the pot over low heat and stir with a rubber spatula until silky smooth.
- Using a skewer or fork, dip the truffles into the white melting chocolate, covering all sides. Lightly tap the stick or fork on the side of the jar to drip any excess off the truffle.
- Sprinkle a bit of the zest on the top of the truffle while the candy melts are still wet.
- Let dry completely, and enjoy!